Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Triple Chocolaty Goodness!!

First, let me just say, anything with ‘Triple Chocolate’ has got to be good!! This cookie will melt in your mouth and have you begging for more. The cookie I’m referring to is Ellie Krieger’s ‘Triple Chocolate Cookie’. She has a show on the Food Network called ‘Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger’. She’s a registered dietitian and her show focuses on making healthy meals. All of her recipes include nutritional information too, just in case you’re watching those calories. I’ve tried a few of her other recipes and they’re pretty tasty too. Her ‘Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes’ are scrumptious. Be sure to check her out on the Food Network.

Now back to the cookie. I was overwhelmed with the incredible taste of this simple dessert. I can’t believe something this sweet and chocolaty is actually good for you, in moderation of course. I’m sure if I ate an entire plateful I wouldn’t be feeling too great. The amount of chocolate that’s in your mouth with every bite is amazing. There’s cocoa powder in the dough and a mixture of dark and milk chocolate pieces in the cookie. I used Dove dark miniatures and semi-sweet morsels because that’s what I had on hand. I also omitted the pecans the recipe called for.




It’s healthy for you too, as it’s made with canola oil, which is low in saturated fat and a combination of whole-wheat flour and white flour. Whole-wheat flour has fewer calories and carbohydrates than white flour, and it contains five times the fiber, twice the calcium, and 25 percent more protein than white flour. (Source: howstuffworks)

I have to say, the best part of eating any chocolate chip cookie is having one right out of the oven when they’re hot and gooey and the chocolate melts all over the place. I’ll even throw them in the microwave throughout the week to get that fresh out of the oven experience.

This cookie is definitely a winner and I would recommend it for any occasion and any age group. My 16-year-old son loves them as much as I do.

No comments: