Thursday, June 5, 2008

Let the Crave Begin!

Crave
57 East Market Street
Akron, OH
http://www.eatdrinkcrave.com/

Where to start about this restaurant!! Think of Alice in Wonderland meets the Iron Chef. From the psychedelic hanging lights to the lopsided glasses and soup bowls, to the unique ingredients, this place captures your attention at every turn. I indulged in the Warm Spicy Thai Curried Lobster salad with Enoki Mushrooms, Coconut Peanuts and Mizuna Greens tossed in a Thai Basil Lemongrass Vinaigrette. This salad tantalized my taste buds with every bite. The lobster was warm and delightfully tender. It was my first experience with Enoki Mushrooms which were mild and woodsy tasting and I loved the texture. They are thin white stalks with a small button top and are slightly crunchy to the bite. The Coconut Peanuts were also a first for me. I wasn’t really sure what to expect from a ‘Coconut Peanut’. I thought it would be coconut flavored, but it’s actually a peanut enveloped in a shell resembling a coconut. It’s a very thin shell with a great crunch. The mizuna greens were very fresh and crispy. The dressing was pleasantly sweet and spicy at the same time and left a wonderful taste in my mouth when I finished the salad. (And I did finish every bite of that salad.) I probably would have licked the remaining dressing left on the bowl if I wasn’t out in public!!

Since I was at a business lunch, I didn’t indulge in the appetizers, desserts or drinks, but check out the rest of their menu at http://www.eatdrinkcrave.com/. The Grilled Cheese Tomato soup sounds scrumptious. You’ve eaten Grilled Cheese with your Tomato soup, but have you ever tried it in your Tomato soup?! Yum!! The rest of the menu really shows how creative this restaurant is in using unique ingredients to spice up everyday foods.

In the mood for a drink? Check out their original martini list. I know a lot of the ladies out there would be very curious to try a ‘Desperate House Wife’ martini!! They also have a wide variety of beers and a few spiked coffee drinks to choose from.

I will definitely visit this restaurant again for a personal meal where I can try many more items on the menu and basically stuff myself with delicious ingredients.

If you’ve visited this restaurant as well, I invite you to share your own positive experience on my blog!

No comments: