Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cheesy Baked Tortellini

It’s time I wrote about a recipe from my favorite Food Network Chef, Giada DeLaurentiis. I have made soooo many of her dishes and have been extremely pleased with them all. They’re usually a big hit with everyone I share them with too. My family, friends and co-workers are my guinea pigs (whether they know it or not) and get to try whatever new recipe I decide to make for get-togethers and parties. Her recipes are definitely in line with my taste in food.

Giada’s ‘Cheesy Baked Tortellini’ has to be one of the tastiest, easiest recipes I’ve ever made. It takes no time at all to whip all of the ingredients together. You can make this meal on a week night when you want to get dinner on the table quick and still have plenty of time to relax. It’s actually a great meal for any occasion and doesn’t require expert cooking skills either. If you can boil water, measure ingredients and chop some fresh herbs, you can do this!

Let me walk you through the simple steps of making this meal. First, put your salted water on to boil. In the meantime, chop up some fresh parsley and thyme. Mix together 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce (I prefer Prego), 1/3 cup creamy mascarpone cheese and the freshly chopped herbs. Once the water comes to a boil, drop in a bag of cheese tortellini. Only let them cook for about 2 minutes though because they’ll finish cooking in the oven. Once they’re done, drain and stir into the marinara mixture. Pour into an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish coated with olive oil. Top it all off with smoked mozzarella (or regular mozzarella) and parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and you will have a wonderfully tasty meal to share with your family and friends. Visit the Cheesy Baked Tortellini recipe page on the Food Network website for ingredients and detailed cooking instructions.
Believe me when I tell you that you will be a star when you make this. The creaminess and tanginess of the marinara mixed with mascarpone cheese and the freshness of the herbs will create a burst of flavor in your mouth. You will appreciate not having to spend hours in the kitchen to make this extremely pleasing meal.

I love to serve this dish with warm ciabatta rolls and Ellie Kreiger’s Five-Minute Salad with Goat Cheese, Herb and White Bean.

No comments: